Came across this service instant messaging service, MeGlobe, which claims real-time translation to and from 15 different languages. Of their 15 different languages the ones that interest me the most are Chinese and Korean. As I work in Asia, I regularly encounter situations where conversations are lost in translation or more to the point, I speak neither Chinese nor Korean outside a few phrases and my counterparts don’t speak English outside a few phrases. This makes phone calls interesting and we try to get around this with interesting animated emoticons with standard IM services. I need to see how accurate the translation is compared to Babelfish or Google (both which are lacking to the most part). If MeGlobe does what it says on the box, then I’m impressed they are making my work life easier and yes, paving the way for global communication without boundaries.
- Just awesome
- in honor of Black Friday
- Not another Best Job in the World campaign, but plenty of “buzz”
- Vodafone Symphonia
- In honor of Halloween being around the corner
- How’s your Pictionary skills?
- digital camera + build in projector =…
- Talks Rory Sutherland: Life lessons from an ad man
- It’s finally here! xkcd: volume 0 is now available!
- China bans foreign investment in online games…